There are a multitude of toothbrushes out there and finding the best one is a little tricky. So, we’ve narrowed it down to electric toothbrushes to help with the scope of this post. Perhaps in the future we will focus on non-electric toothbrushes, but to help our patients and casual readers distinguish between which electric toothbrush to purchase at the store next time, here is our list of 5 dentist recommended electric toothbrushes.
- Oral-B Black 7000 – This is a bluetooth enable electric toothbrush that connects to an app on your phone. That part is a little overkill for a toothbrush, but it does a great job cleaning teeth. The head is designed to provide 3D rotating oscillation for a deeper clean. It can remove up to two times more plaque than a regular toothbrush. It comes complete with five cleaning modes and a set of five different brushes. To top it off it also has a sensor that vibrates when you brush too hard. This is truly an impressive teeth cleaning instrument.
- Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Sonic Toothbrush – Worldwide this is the #1 dentist recommended toothbrush. The DiamondClean patented technology makes deep sweeping motions and uses dynamic fluid action that propels caring micro bubbles deep between the user’s teeth. It can remove up to 10x more plaque from along the gum line than regular toothbrushes can reach. With the backing of over 140 publications and over 40 university clinical studies, it’s safe to say that this toothbrush is one of the best in it’s class.
- Philips Sonicare Essense Toothbrush – This is one of most affordable yet powerful toothbrushes out there. It doesn’t come with all the flash and accessories like some of it’s predecessors, but it is still a reliable tool to use. It maintains great plaque control, slim and sleek design, and gets the gum line really well too.
- Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Rotating – This toothbrush is perfect for people new to electric toothbrushes. This one is also a more affordable model that still maintains quality care. The head is designed with angled bristles that are perfect for achieving a deep clean. the brush vibrates at 30 second intervals to let you know when to move from quadrant to quadrant, which is quite handy for people who are wanting to brush for a full 2 minutes, but never pay attention to doing so. The one downside is that the battery doesn’t last very long, so you’ll have to make sure you’re always plugging it in. But other than that, it’s a great recommend for anyone looking to purchase an electric toothbrush on a budget.
- Oral-B 5000 SmartSeries Rotating Toothbrush – Last but not least, anyone looking for an electric tooth brush that is gentle on teeth but still consistently removes plaque, might be interested in purchasing this electric toothbrush. The head features Floss Action that micro pulses for more tough stain and plaque removal. This also allows it to reach below the teeth. In addition to many other features it also has five different brushing modes to help take care of gums, whiten teeth, and just basic daily care.
These are our top five recommended picks for the top 5 dentist approved electric toothbrushes. Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help assist in giving your teeth a more personal cleaning. Fill out our webworm or call us at (209) 537-5783. Let us know what you thought of the article and what you would be interested in seeing in the future!